Due to an extremely flawed and biased scoring system implemented by the law, major priority transportation projects will be canceled in every jurisdiction in the state. Under the legislatively mandated scoring system, 66 out of 73 transportation projects are fully canceled, including pivotal projects around the state such as:
- Anne Arundel County: Widening of the Severn River Bridge, Upgrade of MD 3 from US 50 to MD 32, Traffic flow improvements to MD 175 from MD 295 to MD 170, Expanding capacity on MD 198 from MD 295 to MD 32, Widening of MD 295 from MD 100 to I-195 and Hanover Road interchange
- Baltimore County: I-795 interchange at Dolfield Boulevard, Widening of I-695 from I-83 to I-95, Widening of I-695 from I-95 to MD 122, Widening of MD 140 northbound from Painters Mill Road to Garrison View Road, Study to replace I-70/I-695 Triple Bridges
- Frederick County: Capacity improvements on MD 180 & MD 351, Improvements to US 15 between I-70 and MD 26, Widening of MD 85 from English Muffin Way to Grove Road, Widening of MD 85 from Crestwood to Spectrum Drive, Widening of I-70 to six lanes between Mount Phillip Road and I-270
- Howard County: Improvements to US 1 from the Prince George's County line to the Baltimore County line, Widening of MD 32 from Linden Church Road to I-70, Capacity improvements on MD 32 from MD 26 to I-70, Congestion relief on I-70 from MD 32 to US 29, Widening of US 29 from the Middle Patuxent River to Seneca Drive
- Montgomery County: Watkins Mill Road interchange on I-270, Safety, capacity, and operations improvements to MD 28/MD 198 between MD 97 and I-95, Capacity improvements to I-495 at the I-270 Spur and Virginia line, US 29 interchange at Musgrove Road and Fairland Road, MD 97 interchange at MD 28
- Prince George's County: Upgrades to US 301 through Waldorf, including improvements at MD 5 and at MD 228/MD 5BU, Upgrades to MD 3 from US 50 to MD 32, Capacity improvements to US 50 from the D.C. line to MD 704, Upgrading MD 5 to a multi-lane freeway from US 301 at T.B. to north of I-95/I-495, Capacity improvements on MD 201/US 1 from Capital Beltway to north of Murikirk Road, Improvements to MD 210 intersections from I-95/I-495 to MD 228, Widening of US 301 from north of Mount Oak Road to US 50, Upgrading MD 4 to multi-lane freeway from MD 223 to I-95/I-495
If this legislation is not repealed, 66 of the highest transportation projects will be immediately terminated. Only 4 out of 24 jurisdictions will be able to move forward on some of their transportation projects.